If you’d like to quickly clean up a messy desktop in Windows 10, and if you’d like to stay focused by clearing away all open apps except for the one you’re working on, here’s how:
To hide desktop icons quickly:
– Press and hold (or right-click) the desktop.
– Select ‘View’ and ‘Show desktop icons’ – this will clear the desktop.
To get the desktop icons back, select ‘Show desktop icons’.
– To clear your workspace of all open apps except the one you’re working on:
– Select and hold the window you want to stay open.
– Give your mouse (or finger) a back-and-forth shake.
– All the other open apps will automatically minimise.